- The majority of the main conference will take place in the Arts Building of the UofS Campus; the campus’ main green space and the Meewasin River Valley are both in close walking distance.
- Each room is equipped with AV (computer, projection screen, sound system) for PowerPoint presentations.
- Wifi access will be available.
- Each session will have a timekeeper.
Considerations for Presenters
- Please consider ways to ensure your session is interactive and engaging, particularly if you are offering a workshop.
- Consider the audience who will attend the EECOM conference, ensuring your offering has broad appeal and practical implications for education stakeholders.
- Ensure your conference contribution will fit within the time allotted to you.
- French presenters are encouraged to have bilingual presentations, e.g., English oral presentation with French slides, or vice versa.
- Consider implications for climate change education, including attending to systemic implications as applicable in your presentation, workshop, or poster.
- Due to the potentially heavy nature of the topic of climate change, please ensure that your presentation, workshop, or poster also includes uplifting and hopeful messages.
Information about Session Types
Workshop (60 minutes)
Workshops are in-depth sessions that actively develop specific professional competencies and have widespread potential for implementation. They should include interactive activities to engage with the audience.
Panel Presentations (60 minutes)
Panel presentation sessions focus on a single topic or related topics. Panels typically include a talk or media presentation but can also include an interactive component, such as a short discussion. Two to three presentations on related topics will be grouped together, and approximately 15 minutes provided for Q&A and audience interaction at the end of the session. There will be a timekeeper in each session.
Poster session (60 minutes)
Posters are two-dimensional printed presentations illustrating research studies, programs, or other work. Posters are fixed to bulletin boards for conference participants to review at their leisure. Presenters will be expected to be available to share their posters, answer questions, and interact with attendees during the scheduled poster session time. We recommend poster dimensions be approximately 3′ X 4′.