- Workshop Schedule: http://eecom.org/eecom-2018/sessions-workshops/
- Conference Schedule: http://eecom.org/eecom-2018/schedule/. We have fairly tight transitions between workshops, so please arrive as early as possible to set up in the space you’re presenting. Also, please be mindful of the time, and please don’t go over your allocated workshop time.
- Workshop Participants: There isn’t pre-registration for workshops – participants will have the ability to choose their session on the day. While we’ve planned for 15 as an average number of participants, workshops will have a range, likely between 10-25, so please plan to be adaptable with your session for a larger or smaller group. To get a sense of who is coming to EECOM 2018 you can see the Delegate Map: http://eecom.org/eecom-2018/conference-delegate-map/
- Acknowledgement of Ktunaxa Territory: As you likely already know, this conference is being hosted on Ktunaxa Nation land, in/adjacent to a building that was formerly a residential school that has now been converted to a resort by the Ktunaxa in an effort turn a negative history into something which is positive for the community. You can read more on the Ktunaxa Nation here and the history of the site here: http://www.ktunaxa.org/who-we-are/. We encourage everyone to visit the on-site Ktunaxa Interpretive Centre when you arrive so you can learn more about the land, history and culture of this place.
- Indoor & Outdoor Workshop Spaces: Spaces have been assigned in the workshop schedule. All sessions will take place within a 2 minute walk of the main pavilion. If you are presenting in an indoor meeting room, chairs will be set up in a U-shape with a table and projector at the front. Outdoor spaces will either have chairs in tents for up to 20 people or sitting pads and a few chairs in tipis for up to 15 people. Active outdoor workshops have been assigned a tipi or tent as a meeting place. The golf course is closed for golfing (and has some beautiful natural areas along it) so you can access the walking trails on it and beside the river beside it adjacent to the resort. There is a bit more information on the meeting rooms here: https://www.steugene.ca/en/groups/corporate-meetings/
- Technology & Facilitation Supplies:If you are in an indoor space, we will have a projector and screen for you. Please bring your own laptop if you need one, and if you are using a MAC please bring your adapter so you can connect to the projector. Please bring any other facilitation supplies you may require.
Field Study Presenters
- We suggest you use this list to send a message to your participants letting them know if there is anything you would recommend they bring, safety information, etc.
- If you aren’t attending the conference, please plan on arriving at St. Eugene Mission Resort by no later than 1:15pm on Saturday, October 20.
- Buses will arrive at to the front doors of St. Eugene Mission at 1:30pm, and we will plan on departing by 2:00pm. If all goes according to plan, there will be a sign on each bus indicating the field study that they are transporting.
- Please meet the bus driver at 1:30pm to introduce yourself to them and let them know exactly where you’re going so you are on the same page for drop-off/pick up (or, for those whose bus will stay with you, confirm where you would like them to take you, and in what order).
- We would suggest you stand outside of the bus door so that you can answer any questions people may have on the field study before boarding the bus.
- Please provide a brief introduction on where you’re going / what you’re doing / any safety information prior to departing from St. Eugene.
- A few of the buses will be combined to drop-off / pick up. This is indicated on your spreadsheet by the bus #.
- Participants will be given snacks to take with them – feel free to also grab a snack from the snack table in the main pavilion. 🙂
- If you requested an honorarium we will send you an online form you can fill out following the conference to claim this.