The EECOM 2016 Conference is just a couple weeks away, and we have a wonderful diversity of presenters and participants confirmed from coast to coast to coast. The conference program is shaping up very nicely, and the International Peace Garden is now undertaking final preparations to host this national event. If you are on the fence, please note that it’s not too late to register. Register here and join us in the heart of the Turtle Mountains! Please note that your conference registration includes all meals, carbon offsetting, an annual pass to the International Peace Garden and an EECOM annual membership.
Here are our Top 10 updates & reminders:
1) Accommodations: A friendly reminder that you must book your own accommodations. There are a variety of options available at very affordable rates that can be found on our website by clicking here.
2) Identification: When you enter the International Peace Garden, you are leaving the USA and Canada. To re-enter, Border Services must record information from all identification documents you present. Passports are not mandatory, but are the only form that can be scanned quickly and efficiently. If you are a USA or CDN citizen, and do not have a passport, you may use a photo ID such as your driver’s license.
3) Cell phones / Internet: There is open wireless internet available in some locations. Cell phone service is very limited but pay phones are available.
4) Transportation: A variety of alternative transportation options are listed on our website here. We have also started a carpooling list so that you can add your availability to take carpoolers, join an existing driver, or join a carpool waiting list. Click here to access this list.
5) Conference Program: The conference program has been updated with some new sessions and features, and is available on our website by clicking here.
6) Music: We have some incredible musical performances lined up for your enjoyment. We would also encourage you to bring instruments and songsbooks (and voices and enthusiasm!) for informal singing events around a campfire.
7) Children’s Programming: Plans are underway to ensure all children ages six to teens will enjoy their time at International Peace Garden. Parents will need to register for the Children’s programming when they pick up their registration(s) on Thursday. Drop off will be at the front of the Conference’s main venue just prior to the start of the day’s programming (8:15 a.m. on both days). Children will re-connect with parents at lunch, and other programming will continue into the afternoon. Please email Garry at email@example.com if you think you would like to take advantage of this or if you have any questions.
8) Dietary Requirements: If you didn’t indicate your dietary requirements on your registration form, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
9) Payments by Cheque: If you elected to pay by cheque, and have not yet mailed it, please do so asap. Cheques are to be made out to EECOM and are to be mailed to International Peace Garden, c/o Garry Enns, Box 419, Boissevain, MB, R0K 0E0.
10) Friends & Family: Registration is still open, so feel free to encourage your friends, colleagues & family to join you in the heart of the Turtle Mountains! Click here for the registration page.
We look forward to welcoming this incredible community of environmental educators and professionals to the International Peace Garden on August 25th!
The EECOM 2016 Conference Committee